Boss I’m not sure the chair
is stabile. – Coward. I would replace the light bulb
if I could reach it. It’s moving. – I’ll hold you.
– Santi, look who’s here. Pakillo, how are you?
– Easy, I dislocated my arm. I won’t touch you. – I didn’t do
anything, tell him.My uncle Santiago is difficult
and stubborn,but we all know he’s the easiest
one to convince.That’s why my dad gives the final
word when it comes to important decisions.Think about replacing Pakillo.
We really need someone. Why would we replace him?
I’ll fix his hand. I’ve done it a hundred times in the army.
– You did what in the army? I took the first aid course.
– You took a course? – Yes. I didn’t pass it but I practiced
in the stables on mules.While Lucia was here, dad
did everything she said.But since she left,I don’t know why, my dad always
ends up listening to Fiti.Gille calls such people
mentally weak.Of course, if my dad knew
the troublesnew waiter would bring him, he would’ve
listened to Santiago.THE SERRANO episode 24
“Married and monogamous” Are you sure we don’t need a new
waiter? – Yes, don’t be boring We’ll try the candidates and choose the best. It will be a waiter test.
– Yes son. They have to know to carry a tray, cut
ham… – Call out the girls… Eva, please. Marcos! How’s dad’s mood this morning? Why? – I want to ask him to celebrate
my birthday at home. After last year’s mess?
No way. – I’ve foreseen everything. Dad…
– Yes? Let me ask you something. It’s my birthday on Sunday so
I thought I could celebrate in a burger shop. To not cause any trouble.
– Yes, that’s for the best. How much do you need for your birthday?
– Only 160 euros. – 160? That’s 26000!
– What? Are you crazy? Here’s 50 and that’s it.
– Dad, give me at least 100! Tete, tell him now.
– My birthday’s next week. You want to celebrate too?
– Of course. – Yes, yes… I celebrated in Barcelona in a pizza
place, dancing. Nice. I have an excellent idea! Give me that. You’ll celebrate your birthdays
together at home. You’re brother and sister, you
have to share. I’m not sharing anything with this snob. Me neither with this rude.
– Enough! I said you’ll celebrate together
and that’s it. Santi, let’s go, the candidates
will show up. Curo, go to school. C’mon, you’ll be late. You and your snob friends won’t
ruin my party. Your dad said to celebrate together but
not in the same place. I want the living room.
– Mari Tere… The living room is busy. You keep
forgetting this is not your house. I’ll celebrate my birthday in my room.
At least that’s mine. Let’s say it’s borrowed. When I think better, your 4 friends
could easily fit in a bathroom. We’ll see whose party will have
more people. – We’ll see. “A shy girls looking for
friends to go out with. The only thing it matter is that they’re nice.”
Chuki, this is for you. – Listen to this. “You can help the acacia stay in
the neighborhood.” What’s that? – They’re cutting the
tree to build a mall. We’ll have where to go when we ditch
classes. We did nothing long enough. Ecologists are horrible. One tree
is cut and they have to whine because of the ozone layer and
the extinction of the cockerel. Idiot. Cockerel, the crazy bird?
– Yes. Hi. Take this to prevent the cut of acacia. That’s your idea?
– Yes. It’s time to act,
no one does anything here. We were always active in Barcelona.
-She’s right. We are lazy. We have no ecological consciousness. Sorry, I got carried away. They want to build a horrible mall with bars and pool tables. – That’s the worst. They’ll build it in one of our neighborhood’s
rare parks, and they’ll cut the acacia along the way
that’s more than 100 years old. Eva it’s only one tree, not Amazon. One today, another one tomorrow, and if we don’t stop it,
the third one another day. Nothing can move you. Give me the brochure about that chestnut.
– Acacia Raul. -Thanks. Marcos, if you don’t care don’t destroy things. You’re like a baby, there are people
who care about this. – But… He’s annoying when he gets mad. Why are you laughing? If Eva said cannibalism was good
you’d eat Chuki. – Yes. You can’t eat me. Eva, there’s something I don’t understand! Do you have experience? – I worked for 32
years in “Gold”. They have the best squid sandwiches
in whole Madrid. We don’t have squids.
We mostly work with ham. Squids are my specialty.. Can’t you introduce squid sandwiches
in your menu? 6 years in a row I applied for a judge,
3 for administrator, another one for law official
and 6 months for assistant. Since I watched Tom Cruise I knew
I was going to be a caterer, but artist, with style. Excuse me. For the money you offer I don’t
even get out of bed. I sign on bureau and done. I told you we wouldn’t find anyone. Let’s save money and make an effort. – Fine. We won’t hire anyone. We’ll sleep
here, it’d over. Hi! Excuse me… – Yes?
– Are you looking for a waiter? Sorry, we don’t need one anymore.
– Easy… We should give her a chance,
just to be polite. Yes, polite… Fine. Have you ever worked with a tray? – Ok… Sorry. God, Diego, hire her! We could make an effort. How was I? I need a job. I’ll work as much as necessary
whenever you say. Of course. We aren’t so heartless after all. It’s a short-term job and
we can’t pay you a lot. That’s ok. I need to renew my documents. I need a contract or I’ll have problems. Yes… You’re hired.
– Thanks. Uzgred, zovem se Danijela.
– Daniela? – Yes, Daniela. Like hurricane. Kids, the time has come for us
to do something. Show us you’re into something else besides smoking in
class and doing nothing in the hallways. Let’s get to it: acacia. Her majesty acacia!
– Social heritage. We can’t let them cut this tree. Your mother is a fighter, a hippie! You don’t know the stories she
tells me. About NATO… When it comes to Iraq,
she supported Rosa Leon. They call her the martyr of Santa Justa. We put up a camp in the park,
that’s why it’s ours. If we stand in front of the tree
they won’t cut it. We have to sign in. Since when do you care about trees?
– What trees! Camp is what matters. Night, moon, stars,
tents, sex, thong… Luxury!
You’ll sing a song… The girls go wild when they
leave their habitat. We’ll have our own moto.
All for shagging. Raul! Do you have something to
say to us? – No. Actually yes. I didn’t know that you cared so much
about that tree. I sign up for anything you need. – Ok. Those who want to sign up, raise your hand. You’ll be able to write a paper.
iz etike i povećaju ocenu. We’ll choose a topic as we go
since I’m coming with you. Great, you’re going on a field trip
with mommy! Candela…
– Yes? I have volunteers names from
other classes. – Excellent. There’s a lot of us. And here?
– 10. We’re done. Candela sign me in too. I want to come too for my ethics paper. Changed your mind huh?
Ok, there’s 11 of us. 11… Thanks.
– Goodbye. We’ll meet at noon in park San Otilio. The blonde is very convincing. She has good…
– Shut up! Of course we’ll come to your birthday, but I don’t understand why you’re calling
the entire class. – You’re boring. Look! How are you? Don’t be scared, I
won’t hit you. I’m celebrating my birthday on Thursday. Since you’re my good friends, I
expect you to come. Don’t disappoint me. Food? I’ll find something in the fridge. What there will be for sure are awesome games. Should I sign you in?
– Yes. Tete! You’ll have to invite your invisible friend. My list is full. Listen to me, please! On Thursday, I’m celebrating my birthday
at home. Yoli will hand you the invitations with tattoos and
stickers as a gift. Her birthday falls on yours. Are you celebrating together?
– What are you talking about, no way! Tete! Will there be food?
– Of course. There’ll be things we love:
hot dog, pizza, burgers. And cake of course. We’ll dance,
slowly and fast. Who wants to come sign up
with Yoli or me. Damn, this will be birthday
of the century. I just remembered I
can’t make it to your birthday. I don’t know if I’ll be able to come.
– You’re already signed in! – Sorry. Gille, I’m not coming.
– Me neither… She doesn’t know who’s she messing with yet. Come to think about it, it’s not easy having such a
hot waiter. I’d be very nervous. You’ll bump into her and pass
by her behind the counter. Like this. Fiti, listen.
She’s an employee, temporarily. Lucia knows about this?
– Well… No “well”. You hired a hurricane of a lady. Lucia wouldn’t be happy,
women are jealous. I wouldn’t say anything so
she doesn’t worry. Fiti, don’t be stupid. Dad, school’s organizing something,
we’ll sleep outside. – Excellent. Diego, I’m going too. What does it mean “sleep outside”?
Explain it to me. We’re setting up a camp
to save a tree in San Otilio. A tree?
– Yes. You can’t trick me.
You’re going for something else. Dad you know I’ve always cared about
trees, nature, green surface. Mom’s coming too.
– Your mom? She’ll sleep outside too?
– Yes. – She never mentioned it. If Candela’s going I’m ok
with it. – Raul, let’s go. Marcos! Behave. With who dad?
– Any of the two. Diego, Lucia! Give it to me later.
– Ok. Hello? Honey, how are you? And Sergi? So you’re coming back soon. Yes… Listen… I miss you. Yes, we solved the tavern problem. We have a new waiter. I don’t know, it’s been only a day. But seems efficient. The connection is bad. Kiss honey. Your mom’s sending you a kiss too.
You too… It disconnected. – You could’ve
let me talk to her. You have a new waiter?
– Yes. I knew Pakillo was lazy. He keeps giving compliments but
when it’s time to work… Ma’am, don’t get confused. Pakillo is taking time off,
the new waiter is just temporary. Temporary, yes… Ok, ok,o ok… Waiter right?
– Yes. Much better. Good thing you listened to me,
that way you’ll avoid problems. No need for arguing.
– Fiti, don’t be annoying. There’s no need for Lucia to worry. Besides, that girl’s nothing special. Nothing special? Eventually, you’ll have to
give out numbers at the entrance. Hi Diego!
– Hi. How’s lunch?
– What? – Lunch. Good. Does she have a uniform? It’s being washed. She does an excellent job. She’s educated, she can talk. And the way she moves…
You can tell she’s classy. Santi, you got emotional.
Silly. This is the best bar I’ve ever seen. Woman, I’ll bend. It’s man’s job.
– Thanks. Damn it!
– What’s wrong? I dislocated my arm!
– Easy, deep breaths… Stretch your neck a bit. Better? Relax, Santi. Are you feeling better?
– Yes. – Good. I feel like a God. What? A woman doesn’t give such a massage
without an ulterior motive. Go to the workshop, you’re being silly.
– You haven’t seen her? These women don’t look for models, but serious, mature, responsible men like you It doesn’t matter you’re short.
– I’ll kick you. I’m married but you listen to me. I know women and cars. Did you see? She didn’t even look at Diego. Listen to me, it’s no coincidence
this woman’s here. Someone above loves you,
loves you a lot. You think? Beauty! Give me a massage too.
– Please… Keep your hands off her. Diego don’t be like that.
– Enough. She’s my employee and there are
too many smarty pants here. If anyone starts being silly again,
I’ll kick you out. You’re mad for nothing. Thanks. You’re welcome. Diaz, Diaz… Rumor has it that you’re going to
Tete’s party. I won’t go to hers, I’ll come to yours. Search him. Well, well…
You even have the invitation. This is heaven.
– T-shirts… The nature brings out appetite and
awakens the beasts in us. Women become weak. We have enough love for all:
ecologists, progress, jugglers. Love war, hands up,
pants down! Don’t be stupid. This is acacia. Stop the solidarity,
we’re here for different reasons. I don’t know about you,
but my gun’s loaded. I have love bullets in my balls. I heard the ecology is a lubricant.
– What’s our moto? All for… Hi. All for shagging! Let’s complete the mission
and set in camp. Help me! What do you want? Destroy my
party for yours? I didn’t say anything. At least I’m not lying and making
fake programs. I’m not lying either. – No?
How will you fit barbecue, disco and dancing in
such a small space. You can celebrate only in your room. Don’t believe him. Really, don’t listen to him! Girls! You both have tents?
Sleep in one, and we’ll leave our stuff and backpacks
in the other one. Fine by me.
What do you think? Sure. Easy, you’ll crush it.
– What’s going on? Aren’t you too close to the girls? No, we have to unite for
the common goal. We want to be close to the tree,
no one will move us from there. I will move you. Move the tent
10 meters away. Boys… Let’s be clear.
I want no scenes. You’re walking hormones,
I’m keeping my eye on you, you’re drooling. Don’t do anything stupid,
I’ll be watching you. Mom, I don’t believe you. We’re only worried about… aka… Acacia, Raul.
– Yes, about acacia. Chuki, my man!
– It all fell! Look what they left on the table.
-Give me that. Wait! Give it to her. Daniela!
– Yes? A rose for the rose. Thank you Santiago. You’re the sweetest. She kissed me and I didn’t
ask her to do it. – Of course. When a woman kisses like that,
it means she wants something. She kissed you with heath,
it’s as clear as day. You think?
– Of course. She’s done. Massaging you, looking
at you, kissing you. We’ll leave you alone so you can get closer. Be direct. Now?
– You said you liked her. Tell her something, flatter her. Listen to Fiti,
expert for women. Hi! Diego are you going home?
– Yes. – Good evening. Nice girls. You told Lucia you
hired a waiter. I said that? A waiter is the
same thing as waitress. Let’s go Carmen. We want to leave
Santi alone with her. You don’t have to explain it to the grandma.
– You’re so smart. Santi, God, the girls doesn’t
seem so desperate. Fiti, what do I say?
– Wait. Unbutton this, you’re too stiff. Be direct. Daniela! Done for today.
– Yes. See you tomorrow.
– I’ll walk you out if you want. We could go to dinner.
– It’s a bit late, maybe another time. Daniela… Without hesitation. You… Me.. You’re a young and beautiful woman. I know I’m not handsome and
I’m usually common, but I’m serious and honest. I have this tavern that was not gifted to me. If you’re looking such man,
I’m there for you. I know we’ve just met, but with time, spending time together, I’m sure you’ll become fond of me. What do you say? When we protested to save
the red frog, people laughed but there are
thousands of them in the river now. We can succeed but we
can’t give up. We have huge power. If it’s necessary to sit here for
a week, we’ll sit. Ok? What’s with you? We support the frogs too,
they are nice creatures. I can tell you’re closely
related to them. Eva, you can finish.
– I’ve finished. – Good. Maybe these funny guys want
to say something. Since I have a chance, I’ll say a few words. It’s a poem. I wrote it, dedicated to the tree. Listen. I’m no Neruda, or anyone else. Raul… “An acacia we came to save. The builders want to cut it
down, what are they thinking? We’ll sleep in the camp if necessary, those who think we’ll move are wrong.” So sensitive Raul. Does anyone have anything else to say
or we can go to sleep? Moment! Our friend Marcos will sing
us a song. – Me? We prepared it together but
he’ll sing it. I invest my heart, he invests his voice. Raul, I prepared nothing. Shut up, I’ve already made
a fool of myself. Here’s the secret weapon, play. C’mon. Music, maestro. Ok, let’s go to sleep, we
have a difficult day ahead of us. Marcos, some of us don’t take
this action seriously. Me too. What do you want Eva?
– You’ve been messing around whole time, and now you’re singing to
impress your teacher. Why did you even come here?
– Chill out girl. You’re incredible kid. And change the tactic, this
singing thing is transparent. You’ll be sorry, Mari Tere. What are you doing?
– We’re out of toilet paper. Hi! Where is everyone? – Marcos and Eva
are by the tree. Do you want coffee? Santi, you won’t say anything?
-About what? About what? Well Daniela. I gave up. I don’t like her.
– What are you talking about? Last night you thought she was lovely,
elegant, classy, nice. A jewel. – Yes, but when you get to
know her, she’s not like that. I saw things I didn’t like. What things?
– When she rejected me. I didn’t like that part at all. So you tried? Yes, and there’s nothing else I can do. Santi you were clear? Maybe she misunderstood. You stammer sometimes.
– What stammering. You stammer, Santi. Maybe she’s not worth the effort.
It’s nothing… She’s nothing special. No, she’s not really someone
you would cut your veins for. She’s not bad but she’s
not that pretty. I like her.
– She’s so cute. She’s cute…
– Yes, she’s adorable. Do you want me to talk to her? You’d do that for me?
– This time, yes. Good morning. Move, we have to work. Why? This is a public space. Mr Tamayo has all the papers.
You have to leave. Sorry, but we have to make sure that you won’t cut the acacia. Ma’am, sorry, but stop messing around. We’re losing time and money. Mr Tamayo, sorry…
– Yes? No matter how rude you are,
we won’t leave. You know what you are?
Stupid ecologists. True. And you know what you are
– Miserable talker. Let’s all calm down.
– I’m calm. Call the bulldozer and you’ll see
how calm I am. You can bring 500 bulldozers,
we are not leaving. – We’ll see. Of course, time will tell. There are thousand ways
to make you go away. – Really? And a thousand more for you to put
those papers where they belong. Listen lady! These papers are all right and that
tree is going to hell! Mom stop.
– There’s no need for me to justify. Listen to him. – Move, this will
get dangerous. We are so scared!
How dangerous? Nothing will move us from here! Eva, damn it! Raquel!
– No one will move us! What now? Where’s the bulldozer? I can’t see it.
– Let it come! Let’s go. We’ll come another time But with the police. Police? Bravo! Goodbye, incapables! Coward!
You need the police! Are you okay?
– I am. And lose some weight! C’mon! You said you’d talk to her. – Yes. Daniela!
– Diego… – Yes? Where do I throw the boxes? I’ll throw them.
– Thanks. Daniela… – Yes?
– One question. Do you like it with us,
with Santiago? – It’s nice. Santiago’s lovely, he’s great. He needs some time, he’s
been living alone for a long time. He seems rough,
but actually he’s really sensitive. Thanks for yesterday. For hiring me.
– Yes… I needed a job. And after that
you stood up for me, thanks. You’re welcome, it was nothing. Good, now I can send money
to my child. You have a child? – I have a wonderful
six-year-old son. Six?
– Yes. He’s in my country with grandma now.
– Nice. – I miss him so much. I hope to see him soon.
Do you have kids? – Me? Five. Three mine, two of my wife,
but like they’re mine. And where’s your wife?
– Travelling, taking care of… Santi is really helping me a lot. How long has it been since your wife left?
– It will be 3 months now. If I didn’t have Santiago, I don’t
know what I’d do. He’s great with the kids… Diego…
– Yes? I really respect him but he’s
not my type. Of course, tastes are different.
– Yes. – Good… I love responsible people who
help and protect me. I love men who have family. Who have family and protect it because it’s
the most important thing for them. You know?
– Yes… That’s the man I could fall in love
with. – Yes… And I wouldn’t leave him alone for
three months. As I said, I’m married… I’m going to the bar, they need me.
Excuse me. You talked for a while.
What did she tell you? This thing will go slowly.
We have to give her time. Gille, isn’t this too much?
– You’re giving up now? This is war, and in war people
die. Let’s go. Laxative. All her guests will end
up in toilet. I need to use the bathroom just
by looking at the cake. – Awesome! Look what we have here! Look at this model. I’m really sorry. Hurry! Take your backpack. How about we get back at him?
– How? In the same way.
He’s just like Gille. Rotten eggs. It’s so wonderful
living in this house! Horrible. Spread that.
– Gross. Look. The kid is screwed. Your mom is so annoying. How can you think of her
before that vision? This is every man’s dream. Two chicks tied to a tree,
at your disposal. What I’d do… Like in that movie, remember?
What was it’s name? “Butts like peaches”. I didn’t see
all of it, it was coded. You’re out of your mind.
– Why? Raul, come here for a second.
– Tell me gorgeous. Sunflower, gums, candy!
– Great, I’m starving. Here.
– Thanks. Just whistle if you need anything. Thanks. It’s so thoughtful of him
to bring us sandwiches. Marcos is great. But you already know that right? Eva… He’s really suffering. He’s crazy about you. It’s over, it was a mistake. I had no intention of hurting him. Really, I don’t go around
destroying students’ lives. It happened because in life there are things
you can’t really control. Don’t worry. I won’t be here anymore. Between you two. Between what?
– It’s obvious. I saw the way you look at him.
– What are you talking about? Marcos is my brother.
– Eva, you’re not brother and sister. Are you playing a good teacher?
You know nothing about me. Sorry. I didn’t mean to annoy you. I know some things hurt and you
have to confide in someone. Raquel, you’re not my friend
nor you’ll ever be my friend. I don’t want to talk about that subject,
especially with you. Eva…
– Leave me alone. Wait!
– Leave me! You’re hurting me.
– I don’t care! What did she say to you?
– What you heard, stop yelling. She likes me and she could
fall in love with me. Horror! Listen…
– What? Did you dream?
– No, she was clear about it. But that’s not the worst part. She also said that’s she’s alone
and that I’m alone. She was going somewhere with that.
– Man! What are you going to do?
– What do you mean? I told her I’m married. I’m married and monogamous.
– Yes.. You’re tense Diego. A married man is telling you not
to try anything, but a hunter in you is telling
you to go for it. What hunter are you talking about? That’s prehistoric,
everybody knows that. When we were primitive and
man went hunting. Hunting and riding anything that moves. It’s in our genes. Then women complained and
invented marriage. They tamed us. But when you see a woman like Daniela, in you awakens the suppressed
hunter that you can’t control. Fiti, there is no suppressed
hunter in me! I’m telling you,
I’m married and monogamous! I understand and know that
I appreciate and respect Lucia. But look at her for God’s sake!
She’s like cheese from Mancha. She is pretty. She’s appealing and attractive. So what?
– What do you mean so what? That’s what we’ve been dreaming
about since puberty. Remember when we prayed to sleep at least once with
such woman? Let’s be honest. The way you are, you’ll
never again have this chance. I don’t want to have a chance. I’m not interested in her. I know how to control myself. I’m controlling myself. What’s wrong? Let’s see sucker. I’m not saying you
can’t control yourself, that I can believe. But who’s going to control her?
– What are you trying to say? It’s a temptation and it’s been three
months since you’ve… seen Lucia. And since a woman like Daniela is
after you, you’re a dead man. I know a way to destroy Gille’s
birthday. Wait here. Hi Boli! I’m so sad.
– Why? Because you can’t come to my birthday. And I reserved ribbons for you.
You’re such a good dancer. You really think I’m a good dancer.
-Of course. Are you coming? I’m coming. I can’t Tete. I can’t do that to Gille. He’s my friend. He would kill me. We can dance on that Alex Ubago song
you like. What are you doing? Leave my friend alone.
-I can do whatever I want He wants to come to my party.
– Easy! – Shut up traitor! Boliche’s not coming
to your stupid party! I’m sick of you!
– So am I! Those who don’t show up to my
birthday are dead to me. If you don’t come to me I won’t
even look at you! Pakillo, you can’ carry the tray
with the cast. You’ll be fine. Diego, I’ll clean up the tavern.
– Ok. I can do it too.
-That’s ok. Ok, Pakillo, get well soon.Fiti’s tight, she’s got an eye on me.Don’t leave her a choice or
you’re dead.Tell her to go home.
Yes, that’s good.You can go home, I’ll clean up. I’ll be done in a minute.
– Ok. Good… Here. You can’t open it?
Let me help you. – No. Thanks, I can do it myself. What is it?
– The key broke. It broke?
– Yes. Impossible.
It really broke? -Yes. Is it locked?
– Yes. Santi’ll be here, don’t you worry. I have a spare key in my office. We’re locked!
– No. I have the other key, don’t worry.Santi will be here any minute, just don’t
let him see us locked.I have spare keys just for a case like this. Here it is. Sorry.
-It fell. Diego sorry! It’s ok.
-You’re all wet! Don’t worry.
– You have to change. There’s no need. Diego it’s cold.
-I’ll go home like this. You can’t go home like that,
you’ll catch a cols Carmen, Santi… Daniela was helping me… I broke the key when I
was opening the door. I came to get the spare one,
I dropped it on floor, I hit the table and water
poured over my head. I didn’t expect this from you Diego. Carmen, please… I understand now. I’m going. I’ll lock the door
so the two of you can continue. Santi, it’s not what it looks like! Santi! Candela…
– Yes? Can I sleep in your tent? – Yes. Weren’t you supposed to sleep
with Raquel. Something happened? –No.
– Of course. Good night. Who farted?
– It wasn’t me. Chuki, was it you?
– Was it you? – No. Then why do you ask?
– It stinks! Hi. I’ll sleep with you. Of course. Eva’s a light-sleeper. What is he eating? Chuki, it smells like it’s rotten. If Raquel… Then Eva… It’s done. A little effort goes
a long way.
– Yes? Can we talk?
-No, now’s not the time. A When will it be?
– Not now. Give me just a minute and I’ll never
bother you again. Besides, here, in the night…
– Marcos! I need to pee. To pee and something else.. Attention is better
to talk another time. Eva, don’t be afraid.
It’s me, Raul. I’ll leave so you can talk peacefully.
No turning back. I want to tell you something from my heart. Every night I remember our time together Ok, not together really, but I think about you all the time, all day long. I see your strawberry red lips. And those peaches so sweet and golden. Actually, not really peaches,
more like oranges. They’re attractive so round and sweet. Your whole body is like an orchard. It’s all in its place. And your belly button is just inviting me to come. And I have to come… Raul, don’t touch me!
– Mom! Oh man… Don not run you look like a rabbit. Listen… You two will guard the tree tonight. It’s cold.
– Sure. Even better, you’ll cool off. C’mon! Ulysses was coming back from Trojan war. It was an ancient war where people
fought with spears. He traveled by boat because there
were no planes back then. He went slowly by boat because he
hadn’t been home in a long time. He couldn’t wait to see his wife. She was blonde and beautiful.
– Like Lucia. Yes son, like Lucia. He was with his friends on a trip. Then they came to this part
where mermaids lived. Mermaids are really pretty. Up they have boobs and down a
tail. – Yes. That’s mermaids. They started singing to
attract Ulysses boat. They wanted to make them crash
against the rocks. Why? Ulysses was good. True, but mermaids knew he
hadn’t seen his wife in a long time. And just to frame him, they started singing and
telling him he’s handsome.. Dad, don’t get mad. If Ulysses loved his wife, why did
it matter if they sang? That’s the catch son. They sang to him but Ulysses
pushed through it like a true hero. That is not easy. It’s not easy to go through that like a hero. Because mermaids are pretty.
– They are beautiful son. Ulysses resisted the temptation,
even though his friends told him that he won’t be able to do it
because he hadn’t seen his wife in a long time. That’s true, she’s far away and he’s
sitting at home and waiting and suffering. Then mermaids sing and of course
he’s confused. Dad, that’s not how the story goes. Friends tied up Ulysses so he couldn’t
leave with the mermaids. True. Ulysses is a mature, married and
monogamous man. He knows how to resist temptation
that is the mermaid’s song. No, no… Curo, go to your bed.
– I can’t stay? – No. Kiss me.
– Ok. Take this. – Good night.
– Sweet dreams.Lucia here. I can’t answer
right now so please leave a message.Good morning!
– Good morning dad. How’s the birthday? Excellent. What a horrible breakfast. Everyone to school, you’ll be late. Hi kids!
Have fun. You won’t say anything? Me? No, nothing. No need.
Your behavior speaks for itself. Choose, or I tell
Lucia, or you do. -Easy. We have nothing to tell Lucia. We are not going to look for a
mermaid song when there is no one. Absolutely nothing happened yesterday. You are saying I’m imagining,
that you were not hugging? Please! It was a misunderstanding,
I love Lucia. My daughter has to know what’s
happening here. You decide. Carmen, don’t you dare! Santi… Santi, brother, look at me. Nothing happened with Daniela yesterday. I understand. I saw the way you look at each other.
She’s a very pleasant girl. Santi, listen to me please. I’m serious. There is nothing
between Daniela and me. I am married and monogamous. And because of that nothing happened. It’s normal she wants you.
You were always more handsome than I was. What are you talking about? You always had more girlfriends
than me. Santiago, you make it sound as if you
were a monster and I a playboy. Listen to me and trust me,
nothing happened. Santi, look at me! I said nothing happened! Fine, but you have a problem!
– Me? – Yes. That girls is in your head, and you haven’t seen Lucia in a long time. A lonely man is a lonely man and it’s just
a matter of time before you give in. So embarrassing! I almost jumped my own mother. Why are you laughing? I’m imagining you declaring love
to Candela. Look who’s coming.
– Seeds, gums, candy! You’re so nice.
– How are you? – Good. Untie me, I have to pee. I’ll try
– Please. There! Thanks. How was last night?
– Great. Two owls pooped on us, and then we had so much fun removing it. It was nice and romantic. At least you saved the tree.
-Yep, it didn’t move. Here’s your coffee.
– Thanks. Raquel… Sorry about yesterday. I just wanted to talk. We haven’t been
alone in a long time. We revised the test the other
day in the office. Raquel, I wasn’t referring to that Marcos, it’s over. It happened because both of us were going
through hard times. You were getting a divorce
but I was fine. You said you got out of an
impossible relationship. Yes, but that’s in the past. I want to continue with you. You’re the woman I want to be with. Marcos… Don’t be mad, but you’re still young. You have to date girls of your age. I don’t care about that. What girls? I don’t know, there are girls
who are interested in you. Eva, for example. Fine, I know what you’re trying to say. I’m not an idiot, don’t look for
excuses to get rid of me. It’s ok not to like me, but don’t toy with me anymore. Marcos…
– Besides… Eva’s my sister. What horror. So much trouble
to be alone in the end. You think everyone went to
Gille’s birthday? I don’t know. This is the worst birthday ever. You want to spy on them? What? Can I come in?
– Only when everyone shows up. Greet the people at the door.
– I’m bored. Then go to Tete’s party. I’m bored. – Stop complaining, all
food is just for you. Everyone is at Tete’s for sure.
I’m going to look. Be careful not to be seen,
they’ll think we are gossiping. You’re crazy. Gille will kill you
if he catches you spying. I’m not. I’m getting ice, we’re out of it. Kakva je žurka?
– Party? Awesome. There’s too much people.
It’s crowded. – Excellent. No one showed up huh? Boli, come help me! The tape is out…
– Hi! Buy a CD next year.
Tapes break quickly. What are you saying?
– Quiet! Tete, why are you laughing at him?
No one came to your party either. They’re all invisible. Enough! Can’t you see you’re ridiculous? You’ve been competing who’s
more popular whole week, and in the end both of you are alone. Here are your friends. I’m talking in everyone’s name. We’ll stay but only if you team up. He’s right. You’re stubborn idiots. This is the worst birthday I’ve seen. – Me too. Me too. Let’s go. Wait! Fine, you’re right. Let’s go. You’re saying…
– Exactly. I cheated on Lucia.
– When? Last nigh, with the waitress,
in my room. You brought her next to your kids?
– No. I cheated on her but she wasn’t there. You cheated but she wasn’t there?
-I dreamt about her. Let me explain I dreamed about Lucia but all of
a sudden Daniela appeared. And instead of stopping, I continued. You had me worried for a moment.
A dream means nothing. What do you mean nothing?
This has never happened to me. And now it did because the waitress is
in my head. My mother in law and my brother are
convinced something happened between us. What matters are your actions, not what others say you did
or even less- dreams. Some dreams are the result of hidden
desires and others of nothing. I’ll give you an example. I’m sure you have had gay dreams like
any other man, but that doesn’t mean you’re gay. Me having those dreams?
What men dream about that? Diego, it doesn’t matter.
It was a poor example. What I’m saying is that nothing ever happened between
you two, right? -Yes. You love Lucia?
– Yes. And you feel nothing for that Daniela? Or do you? I don’t really feel… I am a married monogamous man, but hunter in me says- go hunt. That’s what happened to Ulysses with mermaids. They sang to him, and he had to resist. Besides, she likes me. And for a long time now I… I haven’t seen Lucia in a long time. I’m not made of stone. If you don’t want to be in a temptation
the solution is simple. Really? What is it?
– Remove her from your surroundings. I can’t. She’ll lose her job, I can’t
kick her on the street. She needs the job for the papers. You’ll have to do something to
solve this problem. The party’s not as good as
mine would’ve been, but it’s not bad. Tete, I love the flour game. I’ve never been to a more interesting birthday. Your friends seem to like my ideas. There should be everything. Tete… If I were you I wouldn’t eat that cake. Let’s say it’s been “modified”. Pig.
– Fine… I wouldn’t put that mask on your face
too if I were you. It’s been modified too with a little
something that could kill a bear. Tete, you owe me a dance.
I’ve been practicing whole day. –Yes. Tete…
– Yes? I forgot one tiny thing. This is a Serrano tradition, cake in the face. Ok… No reason for me to be mad. Tradition is a tradition. Hot soup for boys and girls! – You’re lovely. You thought I would leave you
hungry and thirsty? I’m here to help. And now
I’m going to get bread for sandwiches. And a ticket. My 5th sense is telling me we’ll
get lucky. I’ve missed your 5th sense. Me too. Here comes Tamayo with the police! Good morning!
You have to leave. We are not moving from here. You have to leave, it says clearly here. Go home and make dinner. I’m not leaving too.
Will you make paella? This was a good action, but we
should go home. For the last time, please move, or we’ll move you!
– How many of you? All of us. Ok… Kids, it’s over. Seriously, let’s go home. You won mr Tamayo.
– Thanks. – You want some soup? Let me go! Only I can touch my wife! You want us to arrest you too?
– No please. Police, here we are! Now what? All the girls are looking at us, we’re
their heroes! You have 10 seconds to untie yourselves! – Ok. This is serious. – They’re acting. Are we heroes or not? Give me the chain key.
– I don’t have it. I swallowed it.
-What? – The key.The conflict ended in Candela Blanco’s arrest.Three guys tied themselves to the tree,but not even that stopped the cutting.If you want I’ll give you an autograph. Let’s wait until they release Candela. Chuki, what happened with the key? It’ll appear tomorrow. Nope, now. What a pig! So? You said this was for nothing. Well what was it for?
They still cut the tree. At least you agreed it is necessary to fight. You were great when you asked “how many of you”. It just came out. When I get mad… Eva, were you talking to Raquel? Me? No. You? Here’s the martyr of Santa Justa! Mom, you were on TV She came out of here just because
I know how to handle people. Kids, I want you to know I’m
very proud of you. Even though they cut the acacia, your behavior showed me that fighting with you everyday is worth it. Really… You’re really brave. That’s it, now everybody go
to your homes. Your parents will kill you, and for a reason. Take a shower. I miss the tree.
– Acacia dude. It sucks, they’re building a mall with
bars and pool table. I heard there will be an ice ring.
– Stop it. Girls will come in mini skirts? –For sure. Guys I have the key. You close, I’m leaving. Santi, wait! Daniela will no longer work with us. She doesn’t know it yet. You’re not doing it for me? No. I support you with everything. You’re a chick magnet.
– What magnet! I’ll tell her to leave because
I want no trouble, especially with you. I’m going home. Sorry.
– I’m finishing up, don’t worry. Daniela, Pakillo called. He’s well and he’s coming back to work. One waiter is extra. Don’t worry, you won’t be out of job. I talked to a friend who has a nice bar. He’ll hire you there. I’m sad to leave, but if you have an extra waiter it’s ok. Daniela listen. I’m not firing you because
Pakillo’s coming back, but because of what’s happening between us. Actually, nothing is happening but it could happen. You understand.
– Yes. I don’t want you to feel bad. Daniela, you’re a lovely woman. Everyone would be proud to have you
look at them. They would go head in, but I can’t do that. I know. That’s why I like you so much. You know why I can’t do that?
– Why? Because that would be another person,
not me. I can’t do it, I’m sorry. Diego… I want to make love to you. I think you didn’t understand me or
I wasn’t being very clear. Diego… I don’t want us to
keep wanting this. I know you want it too. No. Go, please. I’m serious.
– Ok. That’s it!
I’m telling Lucia everything! Carmen! It’s not what it looks like! She made me do it, just once,
in the middle of the tavern. Damn it, Diego. You’re my hero. Hero or fool,
I still can’t decide. I’m leaving.
– Good night. God! Lucia honey!
– Hi Diego. How are you? I’ve called a thousand times. Sorry. You were with Fiti in
the backyard? – Yes. I had a beer. – I’m sure you had more than one. Ok, two. And you’re holding the third. You’re so handsome in that brown jacket. While sitting so peacefully in backyard. Alone… I couldn’t wait to see you.
You’re staying right? I couldn’t wait to see you too. Me more.
– No, me. Lucia… I have to tell you something, otherwise I’ll feel bad. Mom told me about the waitress. Damn her… I want you to know… I cheated on you. What? Not literally, but I cheated on you in my dream. Diego, please.
– Yes. I dreamed I was that ghost from that
movie where he makes pottery. I sculpted and sculpted, and then you came asking to make love. I of course said yes, but instead of you all of a sudden
the waitress showed up. That’s the infidelity dream. That’s it?
– Yes. Are you mad? Diego please, it was just a dream. I completely trust you. I love you so much Lucia. I had dreams in the hospital. I was surrounded by doctors and
one of them looked like Clooney. Don’t tell me, I don’t want to know… Translation: